Sunday, February 23, 2014

Shamelessly back in action...

Good afternoon and welcome to my 3rd attempt to regularly blog. We'll see how this goes. All I want from this is to have a log of home remodeling, but I have a lot of catching up to do, so here it goes...

Why have I been lazy? A lot of things have happened in the past 2 1/2 years. I  changed jobs from a downtown St. Louis Charter High School (Shudder), to my new school district, and then again to a different school in the same district, and now I think I have finally found a place I can stay put. I'm currently teaching 5th and 6th grade choir. See my jungle-rific music room below.


Kevin has had an appendectomy, and is also in a new job (minus a bodily organ). He's loving his new job and even gets to work with a percussion ensemble! Jealous!










 We've been on two trips: The first trip was to Chicago for the Midwest Music Conference, and of course, a 7-hour romp through IKEA. (I know this is crazy-long, but it was my first IKEA trip ever....so it was worth it.)

 On Spring Break of 2013, we visited our friends Kathryn and Sundeep In Las Vegas who have recently become engaged! Congrats guys! These photos pretty much embody our fantastic time. Kevin was post-surgery here. The trip almost didn't happen, but he was a trooper about it the whole time. 

 Also in the past two years, we have tried to be more healthy. I can't tell you if any of our efforts are actually working....but here's what we've done so far:
  • Started buying more organics and less-processed foods. (Our new favorite place is Trader Joe's)
  • Tried juicing! Kevin bought me a juicer and we love it....when we have time to do it. I have to say, the juice tastes great when you have ice in it. The frozen water is the key here. Otherwise, it smells like grass and isn't as fun to drink. One nice thing about this was that I took the juice to school a few days last year and a bunch of my 8th grade jazzers started trying it and liked it.
  • We bought bikes and bike gear from my brother when he was still working with Trek. It was a good choice. You can see a picture of Kevin after we took a short bike trip up to New Town....a community outside of St. Charles, MO. It is built on and around canals and is really pretty once you get past the pleasant-ville feel of it.

 And then? We've been working on the house still and have accomplished many projects. I'm quite proud of us. I feel like this post is getting rather lengthy, so I will post updates about the house next time. Who knows, I might even branch out into other pages and topics.

Peace out,

J-Lowe


No comments:

Post a Comment